pretty URLs in subfolders

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Sat Feb 21 11:04:54 UTC 2015

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 07:59:25PM -0800, David Benfell wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm also completely mystified by the problem of nesting location
> directives. As near as I can tell nginx just doesn't let you do this.
> I don't understand what it's attempting to stop me from doing and
> again, the guidance I've found on the web hasn't helped.

The documentation for the "location" directive is at
http://nginx.org/r/location

It describes where nesting does not work. Do you have an example where
nesting is documented to work, but it does not work for you?

There is other useful information linked from http://nginx.org/en/docs/

Can you show one example config that does not do what you want it to do
when you make a specific request?

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org