PCRE

smsmaddy1981 nginx-forum at nginx.us
Mon Jun 22 10:33:58 UTC 2015

Hi Experts,

I am working on NGINX-1.6.3 version. Installation is successful using latest
pcre, pcre-devel packages too..

While accessing the service, static contents were not loaded.
As suggested in google, I tried configuring as below where the static
contents are available @
"http://livetests123/livetest/WEB-INF/classes/static/"

    server {
       listen 80;
       server_name livetest.corp.com;

       location ~"*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$" {
          root http://livetests123/livetest/;
          expires 30d;
       }

       location /{
          proxy_pass http://livetest123/livetest/login/;

On the first step while starting Nginx, I could see below message about
PCRE
nginx: [emerg] using regex ""*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$"" requires PCRE library

I have confirmed again with yum install PCRE that the "latest version is
already installed and nothing to do" message in return.

Pls. assist for the below queries:

(1) How to fix the issue - nginx: [emerg] using regex
""*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$"" requires PCRE library
(2) Post which, how to configure in achievint static content available @
"http://livetests123/livetest/WEB-INF/classes/static/"?

Best regards,
Maddy