PCRE

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Mon Jun 22 11:09:35 UTC 2015

Hello!

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 06:33:58AM -0400, smsmaddy1981 wrote:

> Hi Experts,
>
> I am working on NGINX-1.6.3 version. Installation is successful using latest
> pcre, pcre-devel packages too..
>
> While accessing the service, static contents were not loaded.
> As suggested in google, I tried configuring as below where the static
> contents are available @
> "http://livetests123/livetest/WEB-INF/classes/static/"
>
>     server {
>        listen 80;
>        server_name livetest.corp.com;
>
>        location ~"*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$" {
>           root http://livetests123/livetest/;

The "root" directive is to configure filesystem paths.  If you
want nginx to proxy requests to another URL, you have to use
proxy_pass.  See details at http://nginx.org/r/proxy_pass.

>           expires 30d;
>        }
>
>        location /{
>           proxy_pass http://livetest123/livetest/login/;
>        }
>     }
>
> On the first step while starting Nginx, I could see below message about
> PCRE
> nginx: [emerg] using regex ""*\.(js|jpg|png|css)$"" requires PCRE library

The error message suggests that your nginx binary was compiled
without the PCRE library.  You have to recompile nginx if you want
it to support regexes.

http://nginx.org/