error logging with nginx and uWSGI

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Fri May 1 16:04:51 UTC 2015

Prior to now, all the django projects I've worked on have used apache
and WSGI. With those, when an error occurred I went to
/var/log/httpd/error_log and details of the error were clearly there.

Now for the first time I am working on a project using nginx and
uWSGI. Here, the /var/log/nginx/error_log is always empty. And the
uWSGI logs have some messages, but nothing about any errors. In this
setup where would I go to find the errors that
/var/log/httpd/error_log logs? Is there some config setting that is
suppressing the nginx errors?