Certificate Transparency

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Wed Nov 11 14:02:03 UTC 2015

It is sad Chrome kind of forces website owners to have Certificate
Transparency available while the whole things is still categorized as
'Experimental' by the IETF to this day:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6962

... but that is another debate. If you wanna serve CT certificates from a
non-CT-compliant CA, you will need to serve it through as TLS extension, ie
using a server module.

In the end, it sounds logical that CA implement this mechanism on their
side, through OCSP.
For now, this RFC future is uncertain and the technical oddities this
mechanism oddities it implies (double issuance
<https://community.letsencrypt.org/t/will-you-support-certificate-transparency/222/11>,
for example) might make CAs relunctant to rush, and it is perfectly
understandable.

If you support Chrome's vision and Google's wish to force the way of this
RFC, go for a compliant CA or use a custom module.
---
*B. R.*