Video & Slides for our first Bay Area OpenResty Meetup

Yichun Zhang (agentzh) agentzh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 22:08:06 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:18 AM, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:

> One question about the new "ngx.balancer" Lua API .. with quick look I didn't notice anything related to upstream healthchecks.. is this something you've been looking at improving, or is it out of scope for this module?

Yes, we could adapt the existing lua-resty-upstream-healthcheck
library to support dynamic upstream peers in the context of
balancer_by_lua*. IIRC, the engineers at Mashape are already working
on it.

    https://github.com/openresty/lua-resty-upstream-healthcheck

You can fork it yourself if you want to :)

Also, you may find the following Lua library for balancer_by_lua* too:

    https://github.com/agentzh/lua-resty-chash

> Basicly I'm interested in more flexible/configurable upstream server healthchecks (than what's available in stock nginx), when using the http proxy functionality.

Sure, who isn't? ;)

Best regards,
-agentzh