proxy_cache_lock allow multiple requests to remote server in some cases

Maxim Dounin mdounin at
Fri Feb 5 16:47:09 UTC 2016

On Fri, Feb 05, 2016 at 11:02:31AM -0500, jeeeff wrote:

> Anyone else noticed the same behavior?
> I wasn't sure if that kind of behavior was correct, but as I said the lock
> works properly and only one request get forwarded to the backend server when
> there is no cached item in the cache (that is: the cache is empty), so to me
> the behavior should be the same when the cache is being refreshed (I don't
> see why it would be different?), but that is not the case... so it looks
> like a defect to me.

You can find the detailed response to your original message here:

Unfortunately, forum interface is broken and is unable to show it
in the correct thread.  Consider using the mailing list directly
instead, see

Additionally, it's also unlikely that you'll see this message as
well, due to the same forum bug.

Maxim Dounin