proxy_cache_lock allow multiple requests to remote server in some cases

jeeeff nginx-forum at
Fri Feb 5 17:33:17 UTC 2016

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> Hello!
> You can find the detailed response to your original message here:
> Unfortunately, forum interface is broken and is unable to show it
> in the correct thread.  Consider using the mailing list directly
> instead, see
> Additionally, it's also unlikely that you'll see this message as
> well, due to the same forum bug.
> --
> Maxim Dounin

Thanks a lot for the info!
Yes, after I re-read the documentation, I kind of understood that "populate
a new element" could have been interpreted the wrong way.
Anyway, now I know for sure what the implemented behavior is, and that I am
not making a mistake or missing some configuration.

And as you suggested, I also thought of looking at the code to see if that
could be fixed/implemented, that is, if I get some time to get into the
project source code...