Nginx for media streaming

rainer at ultra-secure.de rainer at ultra-secure.de
Tue Feb 9 13:02:09 UTC 2016

Am 2016-02-09 13:12, schrieb maziar:
> I want to setup nginx for media streaming web site like youtube
> I have some movie on my server with HD quality and I want to serve
> video
> like YouTube its mean that nginx should change video's quality by user
> internet connection quality, I found that this feature name is adaptive
> streaming in nginx,
> And also , like YouTube you can change video timeline to minute 2
> without
> buffering last 2 minute
> Note that I buy jwplayer for this web site
>
> Please help me what should I do for these requirements
> And please tell me which plugging or addons or stuff I should add to my
> nginx for compiling
> Thank you
> Maziar

AFAIK, you need the commercial version of NGINX:
https://www.nginx.com/products/streaming-media-delivery/

Plugins for Simple Flash and MP4-streaming are available in the open
source version - though I don't know how useful they are in the real
world.

http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/ngx_http_mp4_module.html

It's years since a customer needed any of these - most everybody hosts
his stuff on youtube these days.