packages for the dynamic modules. testing required.

Sergey Budnevitch sb at nginx.com
Wed Feb 24 19:08:05 UTC 2016

        Hello.

Previously we built nginx with all modules, except those that required
extra libraries. With dynamic modules it is possible to build them as
the separate packages and nginx main package will not have extra
dependences.

For nginx 1.9.12 we build additional packages with xslt, image-filter
and geoip modules. It is possible to install, for example, image filter
module on RHEL/CentOS with command:

% yum install nginx-module-image-filter

or on Ubuntu/Debian with command:

% apt-get install nginx-module-image-filter

then to enable module it is necessary add load_module directive:

    load_module modules/ngx_http_image_filter_module.so;

to the main section of the nginx.conf

Please test these modules, any feedback will be helpful.