simple auth question for nested sections

B.R. reallfqq-nginx at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 24 17:17:44 UTC 2016

I guess the docs logic is reversed: it is explicitely stated when a
directive inherits, which must be that way because not considered the
default behavior (although I am not in Igor's head...).

This product uses a different paradigm that 'minimal configuration lines',
and Igor has nothing against duplicated blocks, which allow direct
understanding of what is in effect in the location block you are looking
at, compared to horizontal/similar ones (ofc server-wide directives shall
not and won't be redeclared at location level).
In the modern world, use of configuration management tools, which allow
templating, allows duplicated stanzas without trouble on configuration
generation/deployment.

That is a way of looking at configuration, and everyone has his/her views
on it.
Please, correct me if I am wrong.
---
*B. R.*