simple auth question for nested sections

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Mar 24 17:27:58 UTC 2016

Hello!

On Thu, Mar 24, 2016 at 06:17:44PM +0100, B.R. wrote:

> I guess the docs logic is reversed: it is explicitely stated when a
> directive inherits, which must be that way because not considered the
> default behavior (although I am not in Igor's head...).

No, by default all directives are inherited from previous levels.
The only exceptions are:

- location content handlers (proxy_pass, fastcgi_pass, scgi_pass,
  uwsgi_pass, memcached_pass, empty_gif, stub_status, mp4, flv,
  perl);

- rewrite directives (if, rewrite, break, return);

- try_files.

In most cases this is more or less obvious when directives are not
inherited, though docs can be a bit more clear on this.

http://nginx.org/