Origin/Edge Questions

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Mon May 2 10:08:44 UTC 2016

Hi folks.

Today, we have several NGINX systems deployed .. most of it is for caching
frontend to websites via anycasted instance.

A couple of our systems though involve video - streaming of realtime linear
encrypted video. For that project, I'm looking to build out scale in the
system.  Today, there are just a few NGINX systems providing an edge
function but to scale, we need to deploy a large scale origin/edge scenario.
I keep looking around for reference designs and/or any whitepapers on others
who have done this specifically with realtime encrypted linear video and not
finding much . any ideas?