binary cgi script download instead of executing

Aleksandar Lazic al-nginx at none.at
Mon May 2 12:34:36 UTC 2016

Hi.

Am 02-05-2016 10:55, schrieb mayak:
> hi all,
>
> i have simply broken my brain trying to execute a `cgi` script that
> requires no interpreter -- just execute the cgi binary with the query
> portion of the url, and it spits out html content.
>
> no matter what i do, i always end up with ELF> GARBAGE  -- the cgi
> script is downloading and not executing. I've googled it to death, and
> cannot find how to do this.

please take a look into this.

http://uwsgi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/CGI.html?highlight=Nginx

As Edho written nginx does not execute anything by default.

What I'm wondering why the first hit shows a possible solution, does
this solution does not work for you?

https://startpage.com/do/search?q=nginx+cgi+run

Cheers Aleks