Help how to Proxy without redirect

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Nov 3 19:07:31 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 09:11:59AM -0400, tbaror wrote:

Hi there,

> I need to use Nginx as proxy and to pass all  communication trough it
> without redirecting to original web location.

That's what proxy_pass does, more or less.

Apart from "proxy" and "all communication"; you'd need different tools
for those.

> I have following configuration file the initial logon and welcome page works
> well as soon as i click on link its getting redirected in to the original
> web page.
> any idea how to keep it on the proxy ?

Look at the html that your upstream (proxy_pass address)
provides. Anything in there that your browser might interpret as a
link, should not start with "//" and should not start with "http://"
or "https://", unless it is immediately followed by the server_name of
your nginx.

I suspect that you do not want "proxy_redirect off", though.

http://nginx.org/r/proxy_redirect

If you can show the request-and-response that works for you, then it
might become clear why the request-and-response that fails for you, fails.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org