Nginx headers to be set at the time of request processing

CeeGeeDev nginx-forum at
Wed Nov 23 21:12:21 UTC 2016

To be clear, this is for a custom http module we wrote. We want it to know
about request headers that we set in the nginx.conf (for proxy_pass etc).
But it doesn't seem like the custom module receives the modified request
headers. Is there any way to both a) set a request header for proxy_pass but
also b) have custom http module code living inside the same nginx also
process the request that has these alterations to the set of request