How can I set a maximum limit for gzip module?

t.nishiyori nginx-forum at
Thu Apr 27 05:27:28 UTC 2017

I'm using nginx-1.11.2 for proxy server with gzip-module.

I hope to use such like a "gzip_max_length" directive in
Because some upstream response's sizes exceeded the settings of
(But there were no error... These are strange things for me...)

I can change the gzip_buffers to enough size for upstream, but there is no

Can I set a limit of maximum content-size for gzip module?

Thank you.