How can I set a maximum limit for gzip module?

Zhang Chao zchao1995 at
Thu Apr 27 06:18:27 UTC 2017

There is no any directive like “gzip_max_length” so far.
By the way, nginx compresses the body by “chunk”, so one “chunk” is an
independtent compressed data.

On 27 April 2017 at 13:27:42, t.nishiyori (nginx-forum at

I'm using nginx-1.11.2 for proxy server with gzip-module.

I hope to use such like a "gzip_max_length" directive in
Because some upstream response's sizes exceeded the settings of
(But there were no error... These are strange things for me...)

I can change the gzip_buffers to enough size for upstream, but there is no

Can I set a limit of maximum content-size for gzip module?

Thank you.

nginx mailing list
nginx at