ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Nginx !!

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Wed Aug 2 07:13:05 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 06:50:39PM +0500, shahzaib mushtaq wrote:

Hi there,

> Thanks for the answer, the browser is google chrome. Googling not helping
> much we've tried various solutions but all in vain. :-(

That's not much to go on.

There is more than one version of google chrome. Some web reports suggest
that SPDY support was going to be removed in version 51.

Some web reports suggest client-side changes that can avoid that error
message, including one particular malware-protection system leading to
it appearing.

You don't say which "various solutions" you have tried, so there's no
point me linking to the same web pages that you can find -- perhaps
you've already seen them and done what they suggest.

What you seem to be reporting is that things were working fine with your
nginx and some clients; and then without changing nginx, some clients
started failing.

On that basis, if you are looking for how to diagnose the problem,
I'd start by looking at the clients and seeing what changed on their side.

There may well be a problem with your nginx setup; or there may well
be something that you can change on your nginx side to unbreak whatever
client changes happened; but from what you have written so far, I see
no evidence of that.

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org