nginscript subrequests or way to save vars between requests

mattw nginx-forum at
Wed Aug 2 16:21:43 UTC 2017

In most of the docs for nginscript it talks about how it will not block on
subrequests. But I havent seen any examples on how to perform these
subrequests. Is there a way to do this? Or any way to save a variable
somewhere (over the net, in a file, in memory) between requests? Or are my
scripts limited to using what I can generate in process and info from the
current request?