ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR Nginx !!
shahzaib.cb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 16:13:42 UTC 2017
>>As far as I know, there are about half a dozen "latest" versions of
Google Chrome, and none of them are version 64 currently.
Your're right sorry, the version latest is 60.
>>You have one client that reports an error message.What are the specific
circumstances under which that version of that
client can report that error message? That information may give a hint
as to where the problem is.
Well, i can generate this issue without a problem all i've to do is create
a test.html page, put 5 x static video links (our server http2 mp4 video
links) and play them simultaneously. For the first request they'll start
playing with *200* status in inspect element under *Network *tab but for
further chunk requests from chrome, it'll stuck in *pending *and under *Console
*tab spdy error will start to occur. Once i've disabled HTTP2 that issue is
gone but 'pending' status issue still was there which i think is linked
with my below issue :
Now we think there's issue with one SSL certificate which we renewed
recently. Our server has actually two different domain SSL certificates
configured on same ip;
We've configured both these certificates vhosts in
/usr/local/etc/nginx/vhosts/ directory. After installing certificate we
tested it with sslshopper and both were installed properly (CN,
Intermediate Chain etc were properly listed for each).
Now here is the twist comes. Recently we've renewed the SSL
certificate for **.yourdomain.com
<http://yourdomain.com>* from *Godaddy *and after that sslshopper shows
correct CN and intermediate chain for new certificate (*.yourdomain.com) but
openssl is showing the CN of *.yourdomain.com as of *.mydomain.com.
I repeat SSLshopper and SSLLabs shows proper CN (common name) but if i use
openssl command to verify it :
[root at cw012 /usr/ports/security/ca_root_nss]# openssl s_client -connect
s4.yourdomain.com:443 |head -30depth=2 C = US, O = GeoTrust Inc., OU = (c)
2008 GeoTrust Inc. - For authorized use only, CN = GeoTrust Primary
Certification Authority - G3verify return:1s_clidepth=1 C = US, O =
GeoTrust Inc., CN = RapidSSL SHA256 CA - G2verify return:1head depth=0
CN = **.mydomain.com
Here you can see that CN is *.mydomain.com instead of *.yourdomain.com.
Now for testing i had disabled vhost for yourdomain.com and used only
single mydomain.com after which requests for serving files improved
drastically before that, if we would had hit a page, it'll first go to
'pending' status in chrome inspect element and after few time it'll show
200 status but now it goes directly to 200 status.
I'm really confused on what's happening right now but if someone has faced
this experience before please let me know, on first i thought there could
be nginx config issue but the problem is SSLshopper and ssllabs are showing
proper CName so now i think maybe its related to chrome
Thanks for your help.
On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 12:27 PM, Francis Daly <francis at daoine.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 01:17:06PM +0500, shahzaib mushtaq wrote:
> Hi there,
> > Thanks for response well i've tried lot more things, updated FreeBsd,
> > updated openssl but issue is still there. Do you think is there any
> > possibility it is linked with Nginx ?
> You have one client that reports an error message.
> What are the specific circumstances under which that version of that
> client can report that error message? That information may give a hint
> as to where the problem is.
> Is the problem repeatable? As in: if you do a fresh install with no
> historical information of the client browser (a new "profile" or under
> a new user account), do you see the same behaviour?
> In a later mail, you suggest that you have two test nginx instances,
> and one client reports the error against one instance and not against
> the other.
> "nginx -V" on each could be used to identify any differences in the
> compile-time settings. "nginx -T" on each could be used to identify any
> difference in the run-time configuration.
> > https://pastebin.com/gaVWfWJv
> > >>There is more than one version of google chrome. Some web reports
> > that SPDY support was going to be removed in version 51.
> > Chrome version is 64 latest which has removed spdy and supports HTTP2 i
> > guess.
> As far as I know, there are about half a dozen "latest" versions of
> Google Chrome, and none of them are version 64 currently.
> If you ask for help in a Google Chrome mailing list, you may want to
> provide the specific version number there to allow them to identify what
> exactly you are running.
> Good luck with it,
> Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
> nginx mailing list
> nginx at nginx.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the nginx