Francis Daly francis at
Tue Jan 17 23:55:43 UTC 2017

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 06:29:34PM -0500, vegetax wrote:

Hi there,

> so following the link you have posted my version does not support
> proxy_bind?

Incorrect. The documentation says

> This directive appeared in version 1.9.2.

It also says

> The transparent parameter (1.11.0)

so you'll want at least that version if you want to use "transparent".

And there is another version requirement if you want to use a $variable
in the parameter.

> # My Version
> nginx version: nginx/1.10.2

Your version does not support using "transparent", or using
"$remote_addr", but it does support proxy_bind.

If you want to use the config you showed, you will need an updated nginx

Francis Daly        francis at