Problem with uWSGI and PATH_INFO

Etienne Robillard tkadm30 at yandex.com
Thu Jul 27 11:45:28 UTC 2017

Hi, uWSGI apparently does some weird voodoo tricks to manage SCRIPT_NAME
and PATH_INFO when using nginx: "The WSGI standard dictates that
|SCRIPT_NAME| is the variable used to select a specific application.
Unfortunately u nginx is not able to rewrite PATH_INFO accordingly to
SCRIPT_NAME. For such reason you need to instruct WSGI to map specific
apps in the so called “mountpoint” and rewrite SCRIPT_NAME and PATH_INFO
automatically"

I'm not sure I understand the logic of this. Can someone please explain
why the variable PATH_INFO is set to $document_uri in uwsgi_params?

Thank you in advance,

Etienne Robillard
tkadm30 at yandex.com
http://www.isotopesoftware.ca/