Convert Alias from apache (totally different root)

ianwinter nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Tue Jun 6 22:37:45 UTC 2017

I've read the docs and understand how root and alias work within a location,
but, neither can be used to convert what I've got in apache that I can see.

Take the example `Alias /media /path/to/assets` in apache, the location and
path are completely different (media doesn't form any part either in
addition or removed).

The issue in converting to a location with alias or root is monitoring is
still there, or, excluded - I need a way to change the location to
completely use a different document root otherwise I'm not sure how I can?

location /media { root /path/to/assets; }

Any advice appreciated!

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,274717,274717#msg-274717