Invalid HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH request header

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Jun 15 22:09:35 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 01:46:42PM -0400, Etienne Robillard wrote:

Hi there,

> I'm trying to implement conditional requests in Django-hotsauce and
> would like to use HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH to return a 304 Not Modified
> response. However in nginx the value of HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH is
> incorrect (a empty string is returned).

What request do you make?

Which location{} is used to handle that request?

You appear to do something with HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH in "location /"
but not in "location /wiki".

> 1. Any suggestions why the value of HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH is not
> defined in nginx ?

Why, specifically, do you think that it is not defined?

> 2. Why is the python script working with wsgiref but not in nginx ?

nginx doesn't "do" python. It does (in this case) fastcgi. Perhaps that
is relevant to the question?

Good luck with it,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org