Invalid HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH request header

Etienne Robillard tkadm30 at yandex.com
Thu Jun 15 22:29:44 UTC 2017

Hi Francis,

GET http://localhost/

> Which location{} is used to handle that request?
location /
> You appear to do something with HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH in "location /"
> but not in "location /wiki".
The /wiki location is handled by a separate fastcgi script.
>> 1. Any suggestions why the value of HTTP_IF_NONE_MATCH is not
>> defined in nginx ?
> Why, specifically, do you think that it is not defined?
Firefox omits to add this request header because I suspect the ETag
header was missing from the initial request.
>> 2. Why is the python script working with wsgiref but not in nginx ?
> nginx doesn't "do" python. It does (in this case) fastcgi. Perhaps that
> is relevant to the question?
I always thought that a python script running under wsgiref is expected
to work in fastcgi
as-is, without the need to modify nginx configuration.

> Good luck with it,

Best regards,

Etienne

--