bcrypt

Dwight Marzolf dmarzolf at tracelink.com
Thu Jun 22 22:26:50 UTC 2017

We have an installation of nginx 1.10.3 in which we are using an htpasswd
file that contains bcrypt encyrpted passwords.  This is a file that is used
by multiple apps that require authentication.  Everything I am reading
online says that nginx does not support bcrypt passwords.  The other apps
using this file have no problem with bcrypt.  So, a questions.  First, is
there a newer version of nginx that does support bcrypt?  If not, is there
some workaround that will let us somehow use our bcrypt passwords with
nginx?  I'm trying to avoid having either a separate htpasswd file for
nginx or lowering the encryption for all our apps to something that nginx
supports.

regards,
dwight

--
*Dwight Marzolf* | Cloud Operations Developer| TraceLink Inc.
400 Riverpark Drive | Suite 200
e: dmarzolf at tracelink.com

 [image: tracelink-LScloud-logo-sig-2-24-(TEST2)]

*Protect patients, enable health, grow profits, ensure compliance*