proxy_cache and X-Accel-Redirect

Peter Booth peter_booth at me.com
Mon Jun 26 19:14:41 UTC 2017

I've found that the easiest , most accurate way of diagnosing cache related issues is to use the incredible rebot.org service. If you can point redbot at your nginx, and also at your back end, it will identify anything that prevenst the resource being cacehable. If your website isnt visible from the internet you can either install your own copy of redbot or use an ssh tunnell to make it visible temporarily.

The next approach si to run a debug version of nginx and to step by step unpick the setup to see whats broken.

Peter

I wopuld suggest begiining with a small filebefore then lovinto a laregr number