proxy_cache and X-Accel-Redirect

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Mon Jun 26 23:28:51 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 26, 2017 at 01:39:45PM -0400, deivid__ wrote:

Hi there,

> /data/asd-asd-asd -> proxied to a backend -> resolves to file.xls
> /data/qqq-qqq-qqq -> proxied to a backend -> resolves to file.xls
> /data/123-123-123 -> proxied to a backend -> resolves to image.jpeg

The config at the remote url you mention does not appear to include any
"location /data/" block that might have the config for handling these
requests.

It also does not appear to include any "proxy_pass", which is necessary
before using "proxy_cache".

Perhaps the content that I am reading now is not the content that you
wrote some time ago.

Could you include the config within the email; or else describe what
you want to have happen when a client makes a http request to nginx
for /data/asd-asd-asd?

The more specific and explicit details you include, the more chance
there is that someone will be able to understand what config you want
in order to meet your requirements.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org