Too many redirects

Tseveendorj Ochirlantuu tseveendorj at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:07:30 UTC 2017

Thank you Francis Daly. It works.

On 15 Sep 2017 5:45 am, "Francis Daly" <francis at daoine.org> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 11:54:23PM +0800, tseveendorj wrote:

Hi there,

>         location / {
>                 index index.html;
>                 if ($geoip_country_code != "JP") { return 301
> https://example.com/en/; }
>         }

>         location = /en/ {

Change that to "location /en/ {" or "location ^~ /en/ {".

>                 index index.html;
>                 try_files $uri $uri/ =404;
>         }
>
> I'm trying to if request from other than JP request go to /en/ if
> not /index.html

You request /en/, which is processed in the second location. That does
an internal redirect to /en/index.html, which is processed in the first
location and returns a 301 redirect to /en/, so you have a loop.

Change "location =" to break the loop, so that the request to
/en/index.html is not handled in the first location.

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org