Files still on disc after inactive time

Andrzej Walas nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Thu Feb 15 09:33:19 UTC 2018

Hi,

I use nginx 1.12.2. I have settings like this:
    proxy_cache_path          /ephemeral/nginx/cache levels=1:2
keys_zone=proxy-cache:4000m max_size=40g inactive=1d;
    proxy_temp_path           /ephemeral/nginx/tmp;

And I have two problems with this:
1. If during the download to the cache the connection is disconnected, the
files that are not completely downloaded are left as junk in tmp and block
the re-download to the cache of the given file.
2. Often, there are individual files that remain in the cache despite being
inactive for more than one day. Restart nginx does not help.

Br
Andrzej Walas

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,278589,278589#msg-278589