Files still on disc after inactive time

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Thu Feb 15 13:39:15 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 04:33:19AM -0500, Andrzej Walas wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use nginx 1.12.2. I have settings like this:
>     proxy_cache_path          /ephemeral/nginx/cache levels=1:2
> keys_zone=proxy-cache:4000m max_size=40g inactive=1d;
>     proxy_temp_path           /ephemeral/nginx/tmp;
>
> And I have two problems with this:
> 1. If during the download to the cache the connection is disconnected, the
> files that are not completely downloaded are left as junk in tmp and block
> the re-download to the cache of the given file.

If you are able to reproduce this, please provide a debug log.  See
http://nginx.org/en/docs/debugging_log.html for details.

> 2. Often, there are individual files that remain in the cache despite being
> inactive for more than one day. Restart nginx does not help.

Restart implies that all files in the cache become active.  Please
make sure to wait for at least "inactive=" time after a restart.

Also, please make sure that there are no alerts in logs (notably,
no processes crashes).  It might be also a good idea to test
without 3rd party modules if there are any.

http://mdounin.ru/