failed (13: Permission denied) while reading upstream on rename()

Friscia, Michael michael.friscia at yale.edu
Sat Jan 20 22:34:21 UTC 2018

Earlier today I solved a chmod() problem in the cache and now I’m faced with this one which happens much less frequently. I don’t think permission is the problem, I think it’s an Nginx configuration I failed to set correctly.

In the error I see that the rename() failure was to change:
eedd07f7aef45a5ed22f748a31724947.0000002528
eedd07f7aef45a5ed22f748a31724947

This seems to happen on some pages and then continues to happen if I browse that page but most pages are not affected.

Has anyone seen this before?

Michael Friscia
Office of Communications
Yale School of Medicine