TLSv1.3 by default?

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Nov 28 19:38:25 UTC 2018

Hello!

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 02:29:26PM -0500, Olaf van der Spek wrote:

> Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> > There is no such thing as "defaults from the stock nginx.conf".
> > The nginx.conf file can be used to set various configuration
> > parameters.
> >
> > Obviously enough, distributions may need to set something in
> > nginx.conf they ship with nginx packages differently from what is
> > configured in example configuration as available in nginx sources,
> > conf/nginx.conf.  Though my recommendation would be to keep
>
> That's the file I meant.
>
> > configuration shipped as close to conf/nginx.conf as possible, and
> > don't diverge from it unless there are good reasons to.
>
> OK, but that file sets some settings differently from documented defaults,
> which is kinda confusing.
> Wouldn't it make sense to not do that?
>
> I'd prefer the nginx.conf to be as clean and simple as possible.

As I already tried to explain in Trac ticket #1681, one of the
important goals of conf/nginx.conf, as well as any other default
configuration file, is to demonstrate how various things can be
tuned.  If this is still not clear, I don't think that repeating
this explanation would help.  Sorry about that.

http://mdounin.ru/