TLSv1.3 by default?

Olaf van der Spek nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Wed Nov 28 20:28:56 UTC 2018

Maxim Dounin Wrote:
> > OK, but that file sets some settings differently from documented
> defaults,
> > which is kinda confusing.
> > Wouldn't it make sense to not do that?
> >
> > I'd prefer the nginx.conf to be as clean and simple as possible.
>
> As I already tried to explain in Trac ticket #1681, one of the
> important goals of conf/nginx.conf, as well as any other default
> configuration file, is to demonstrate how various things can be
> tuned.

This is mostly done by comments.. though I'd argue a link to a HTML document
would be better to explain things.

> If this is still not clear, I don't think that repeating
> this explanation would help.  Sorry about that.

Didn't realise that was you..
So should a 'default' install of nginx end up with default_type
application/octet-stream, with default_type text/plain or would both be fine
with you?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,282098,282175#msg-282175