Nginx 1.17.6 ignores kill -HUP

Luciano Mannucci luciano at vespaperitivo.it
Fri Dec 20 17:21:42 UTC 2019

On Fri, 20 Dec 2019 16:23:26 +0100
Luciano Mannucci <luciano at vespaperitivo.it> wrote:

> I have an istallation of nginx in a FreeBSD PPC64 server (running
> 11.3 RELEASE) which seems to ignore kill -HUP: it doesn't reload
> configuration and doesn't log the fact that kill has reached it, even
> if I set the debug level in error_log to "debug".
Further investigation: it does re-read the config.
It just doesn't log that it did it.

This may be a problem because *sometime* it doesn't reload the ssl
certificates not noticing that they have changed.

Do I need to put something special in the conf file to achieve that?

Thanks again,

Luciano.
--
 /"\                         /Via A. Salaino, 7 - 20144 Milano (Italy)
 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN / PHONE : +39 2 485781 FAX: +39 2 48578250