Slow OPTIONS requests with reverse proxy cache

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Wed Jan 23 13:23:17 UTC 2019

Hello!

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 04:48:23PM -0800, Roger Fischer wrote:

> I have noticed that the response to OPTIONS requests via a
> reverse proxy cache are quite slow. The browser reports 600 ms
> or more of idle time until NGINX provides the response. I am
> using the community edition of NGINX, so I don’t have any timing
> for the upstream request.

You do have timing for the upstream request, see the following
variables:

http://nginx.org/r/$upstream_response_time
http://nginx.org/r/$upstream_connect_time
http://nginx.org/r/$upstream_header_time

You can configure logging of these variables using the log_format
directive.  It is also a good idea to configure logging of generic
request processing time, $request_time.

http://mdounin.ru/