Nginx request processing is slow when logging disabled

heythisisom nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Sat Jul 13 13:50:50 UTC 2019

Hi Maxim,

The nginx reverse proxy and uWSGI runs on the same host. Each nginx reverse
proxies are connected to only one single Instance of the uWSGI backend.

But in the uWSGI backend, I'm running 4 workers in total based on the
configuration 2 workers can be handled by 1 VCPU. Essentially the Instance I
run has 2 VCPUs hence It translates to 4 workers. The listen queue length of
my backend is sufficiently high i.e. 4096 and I have set my somaxconn
parameter to 32768. So I think everything with respect to the backend seems
fine.

Only when I disable logging in nginx I could see this Issue happen. Once I
enable it, my hosts never raised Timeout error at all. Also, note that this
Issue happens more often when the server is in an Idle state and not when
the server is in peak.

--
Om

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,284757,284847#msg-284847