How can I use proxy_pass and how can I redirect rest of it to default index . html

niyazi.toros at gmail.com niyazi.toros at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 10:33:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

I have a small projects. I have a domain as mob.ntms.com. I install nginx using https://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html stable ubuntu commands.

When I type 127.0.0.1 or http:// mob.ntms.com I can see nginx default index.html.

First I change the default index.html and place my own. My html uses some asstes and images so in /user/shared/nginx/html folder I move this 2 folder (asstest and images).

Till this everything works as I expected. Now I am in difficult part. Let me try to explain before I can paste my code:

I have a tcp socket in my local network which I connect remotly like if I type:

*	http:// mob.ntms.com/myrestapi/********

The /myrestapi/ is the where my api is reside. The ******* its dynamic. I need to redirect

*	http:// mob.ntms.com/myrestapi/   to  127.0.0.1:1024

127.0.0.1:1024 its a dart server and it is in same machine as nginx.

If I type other than this (http:// mob.ntms.com/myrestapi/ ) all the request including 404 must be redirect them to nginx default index.html.

*	http:// mob.ntms.com redirect to default index.html
*	http:// mob.ntms.com/<dynamic> redirect to default index.html

Only;

*	http:// mob.ntms.com/myrestapi redirect to 127.0.0.1:1024

Currently my conf.d/default.conf look like this:

server {

    charset UTF-8;

    listen 80 ;

    listen [::]:80 ;

    server_name mob.ntms.com;

    access_log  /var/log/nginx/host.access.log  main;

    location / {

        root   /usr/share/nginx/html;

        index  index.html index.htm;

    }

    # define error page

    error_page 404 = @notfound;

    # error page location redirect 301

    location @notfound {

        return 302 /;

    }

#    error_page 404 =200 /index.html;

#    error_page  404              /usr/share/nginx/html/index.html;

    # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html

    #

    error_page   500 502 503 504  /index.html;

    location = / {

        root   /usr/share/nginx/html;

    }

    # proxy the PHP scripts to Apache listening on 127.0.0.1:1024

    location /myrestapiA {

        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;

        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;

        proxy_pass "http://127.0.0.1:1024/";

    }

    location / myrestapiB{

        proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-For $remote_addr;

        proxy_set_header Host $http_host;

        proxy_pass "http://127.0.0.1:1024/";

    }

    # deny access to .htaccess files, if Apache's document root

    # concurs with nginx's one

    location ~ /\.ht {

        deny  all;

    }

   location = /nginx.conf {

        deny all;

    }

   # Deny access to hidden files (beginning with a period)

    location ~ /\. {

         deny all;

Thanks

Niyazi Toros