Doing a mass purge of the cache using a wildcard

Jordan Keith j.keith at xsb.com
Fri Oct 4 17:25:22 UTC 2019

We are using nginx plus. We have caching configured for a few endpoints, one which is similar to the following:

document/{id}/report

I would like to purge all items cached under that endpoint, but executing a purge request like the following does not purge anything:

document/*/report

We have other endpoints where mass purges work fine, but they have the * at the end of the URL instead of the middle.

So I have 2 questions:

1). Does nginx only support wildcards at the end of the URL for cache-purging purposes?
2). Is there some other way I can accomplish a mass purge here?