AW: AW: Using NGINX as reverse proxy to webmin on a remote server

Carsten Laun-De Lellis carsten.delellis at DELELLIS.NET
Mon Apr 27 12:49:16 UTC 2020

Hi Anthony

Thank you for your quick reply.

I've tried to configure my servers according to the link you sent, but it didn't work out.

The config on the Nginx server looks like:
server {
        server_name vml000036.delellis.net;
        listen 192.168.178.36:80;

        location /vml000032 {
                proxy_pass      http://192.168.1.32:10000;
                proxy_set_header        Host         $host;

The webmin config on the upstream server looks like:
path=/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin
passwd_cindex=2
ld_env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH
tempdelete_days=7
by_view=0
find_pid_command=ps auwwwx | grep NAME | grep -v grep | awk '{ print $2 }'
passwd_pindex=1
passwd_file=/etc/shadow
passwd_mindex=4
passwd_uindex=0
os_type=debian-linux
os_version=9.0
real_os_type=Ubuntu Linux
real_os_version=18.04.4
lang=en.UTF-8
log=1
referers_none=1
md5pass=1
theme=authentic-theme
product=webmin
webprefix=/vml000032
webprefixnoredir=1
referer=vml000036.delellis.net

I have tried also as referer the IP Address of the Nginx server, but didn't work either.

When I open the page in my webbrowser I get the logon screen to the webmin sever on my Nginx hostsystem. Not on vml000032.

But even when I try to login the page refreshes and nothing else happens.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / Best regards

Carsten Laun-De Lellis

Hauptstrasse 13
D - 67705 Trippstadt

Phone: +49 6306 5269850
Mobile: +49 151 275 30865
Fax:     +49 6306 992142
email: carsten.delellis at delellis.net

http://www.linkedin.com/in/carstenlaundelellis

USt.-ID.: DE257421372

Diese E-Mail könnte vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte Informationen enthalten. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.