in search of the complete 444

Jeffrey 'jf' Lim jfs.world at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 20:35:21 UTC 2020

I've been trying and scratching my head over this for some time now.
I've always set up a default server to return 444, but I've not been
able to make it do the 444 *always*. If I get an invalid response,
nginx "skips" the 444 to return 400 instead. I'd rather nginx do the
444, and not return 400.

I've searched and tried various things (like setting "error_page 400"
to some location, and then returning 444 for that location), but I
have not found anything that really works. Is there just no way to
have a "complete" 444 response? What will it take to do this?

thanks,
-jf

--
He who settles on the idea of the intelligent man as a static entity
only shows himself to be a fool.