in search of the complete 444

Moshe Katz moshe at ymkatz.net
Mon Jun 8 20:53:22 UTC 2020

I found the same question asked on StackOverflow a few years ago:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41421111/http-444-no-response-instead-of-404-403-error-pages

The accepted answer says to do it this way:

```
error_page 400 =444 @blackhole;

location @blackhole {
    return 444;
}
```

They key that you missed is the "=444" in the error_page directive. It
seems like you need BOTH that and the `return 444` in the location block.

Moshe