Help regarding setting IP_tos value in IP header

Francis Daly francis at daoine.org
Thu Sep 17 11:37:23 UTC 2020

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 05:37:00PM +0000, Kanika Singh wrote:

Hi there,

I don't have an answer for you; but possibly if you can provide more
specific details of the problem, perhaps someone else will be able
to help?

> I have a setup where I am trying to set IP_tos value in IP header when a request is forwarded from nginx server to another machine.
>
> I have configured ngx_http_ip_tos_filter_module module in the nginx.conf file, but it is setting IP_tos value in the acknowledgement and not in the outgoing packets.

There is the request from the client to nginx.

There is the request from nginx to the upstream.

There is the response from upstream to nginx.

There is the response from nginx to the client.

Which ones of these do show the IP_tos value that you want; and which
ones do not?

And: how are you looking, to see what the IP_tos value is, in each case?

That information might help identify where the problem is.

Cheers,

Francis Daly        francis at daoine.org