Seeing ^(.*/)index\.php/(.*)" does not match in nginx error log file.

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Sun Apr 25 14:24:34 UTC 2021

Hello!

On Sun, Apr 25, 2021 at 01:37:28PM +0530, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:

> I am running Nginx version: nginx/1.20.0 on CentOS Linux release 7.9.2009
> (Core). I am seeing the below information in the Nginx error file.
>
> > 2021/04/25 07:47:40 [notice] 15635#15635: *5 "^(.*/)index\.php/(.*)" does
> > not match

[...]

> I have attached both the log files and /etc/nginx/nginx.conf file in this
> email thread. Please let me know if you need any additional information.
> Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks in Advance. I look forward to
> hearing from you.

You've asked nginx to log at the "debug" level, so it is expected
to log everything.  This includes the information about rewrite
rule processing, normally available with the rewrite_log switched
on (see http://nginx.org/r/rewrite_log).

If you don't see a lot of additional debug logging as well, this
means that your nginx isn't built with debugging, so using the
"debug" level is mostly meaningless.  Switching to the "info"
level will likely do what you expect: no information about rewrite
rule processing will be logged unless rewrite_log is switched on.

http://mdounin.ru/