NGINX Plus Repo with Certs from Freemium Controller

stephan13360 nginx-forum at forum.nginx.org
Mon Apr 26 12:50:33 UTC 2021

Hi,

I started a NGINX Controller Trial andd used the Freemium non expiring
Association token to activate my controller lisence. This worked fine .and
my contorlelr shows as activated
.

I then followd this guide to download the cert and key for the nginx plus
repo:
https://docs.nginx.com/nginx-controller/admin-guides/install/get-n-plus-cert-and-key/
This also worked.
I then followed the nginx plus Installation guide:
https://docs.nginx.com/nginx/admin-guide/installing-nginx/installing-nginx-plus/
I added the cert and key to /etc/ssl/nginx/ and downloaded the
/etc/apt/apt.conf.d/90nginx file to the apt conf dir. I know apt-get uses
the cert/key because I get an error when moving the cert/key to another
place.

But when i run apt-get update I get:
Err:6 https://plus-pkgs.nginx.com/ubuntu focal InRelease
  403  Forbidden

Any Idea of why my SSL Client cert/Key that I downlaoded from my correctly
lisenced controller is not accepted?

Posted at Nginx Forum: https://forum.nginx.org/read.php?2,291366,291366#msg-291366