modules after upgrade

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Thu Feb 1 17:48:15 UTC 2024

Hi Larry,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 12:28:40PM -0500, Larry Martell wrote:

> I was able to install nginx-module-image-filter with apt, but
> http-xslt-filter, mail, stream all fail with the same message Depends:
> nginx-common (= 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4).
>
> I looked at the 2 links you gave and both talk about building nginx
> from source to get those modules included. Is that now required? With
> 1.18 I simply did:
>
> sudo apt install lua5.3
> sudo apt install libluajit-5.1-2
> sudo apt install lua-sql-mysql
> sudo apt install libnginx-mod-http-lua

I've forgotten to mention that you'd need to rebuild all native
modules or use packages from the official site,
https://nginx.org/en/linux_packages.html#Ubuntu

And please do not mix packages from official site and Ubuntu
packages, please choose only one source of true.

Hope that helps.

--
Sergey A. Osokin