modules after upgrade

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 17:28:40 UTC 2024

On Thu, Feb 1, 2024 at 11:57 AM Sergey A. Osokin <osa at freebsd.org.ru> wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>
> On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 11:34:08AM -0500, Larry Martell wrote:
> > We run Ubuntu 20.04, which has nginx 1.18. I was asked to upgrade it
> > to 1.25.3, which I did following the instructions here:
> > https://docs.nginx.com/nginx/admin-guide/installing-nginx/installing-nginx-open-source/.
> > We had 6 modules installed (http-ndk, http-image-filter, http-lua,
> > http-xslt-filter, mail, stream) which all got removed in the upgrade.
> > When I try to reinstall them it fails with  libnginx-mod-http-ndk :
> > Depends: nginx-common (= 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4) but it is not going to be
> > installed. How can I install the modules I need for 1.25.3? Do I have
> > to build them from source now?
>
> There two types of modules in the list:
> - native, developed by nginx development team;
> - third-party, from vendors.
>
> So, http-ndk, [1] and http-lua, [2] are third-party modules.  Those
> modules need to be recompiled with a corresponding version of nginx.
> I'd recommend to visit reference pages to get details how to build
> those third-party modules.
>
> References
> ----------
> 1. https://github.com/vision5/ngx_devel_kit
> 2. https://github.com/openresty/lua-nginx-module

Hi Sergey,

I was able to install nginx-module-image-filter with apt, but
http-xslt-filter, mail, stream all fail with the same message Depends:
nginx-common (= 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4).

I looked at the 2 links you gave and both talk about building nginx
from source to get those modules included. Is that now required? With
1.18 I simply did:

sudo apt install lua5.3
sudo apt install libluajit-5.1-2
sudo apt install lua-sql-mysql