modules after upgrade

Sergey A. Osokin osa at freebsd.org.ru
Thu Feb 1 16:56:54 UTC 2024

Hi Larry,

On Thu, Feb 01, 2024 at 11:34:08AM -0500, Larry Martell wrote:
> We run Ubuntu 20.04, which has nginx 1.18. I was asked to upgrade it
> to 1.25.3, which I did following the instructions here:
> https://docs.nginx.com/nginx/admin-guide/installing-nginx/installing-nginx-open-source/.
> We had 6 modules installed (http-ndk, http-image-filter, http-lua,
> http-xslt-filter, mail, stream) which all got removed in the upgrade.
> When I try to reinstall them it fails with  libnginx-mod-http-ndk :
> Depends: nginx-common (= 1.18.0-0ubuntu1.4) but it is not going to be
> installed. How can I install the modules I need for 1.25.3? Do I have
> to build them from source now?

There two types of modules in the list:
- native, developed by nginx development team;
- third-party, from vendors.

So, http-ndk, [1] and http-lua, [2] are third-party modules.  Those
modules need to be recompiled with a corresponding version of nginx.
I'd recommend to visit reference pages to get details how to build
those third-party modules.