Making subrequests from handler

Peter Leonov gojpeg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 18:44:32 MSK 2009

On 27.11.2009, at 10:09, Igor Sysoev wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 10:26:34AM +0800, agentzh wrote:
>
>> We're also going to turn coco lua to a first-class citizen in Nginx
>> module development just like C. Transparent non-blocking I/O is also a
>> plus here when compared to plain C coding. It's interesting to do the
>> same with other interpreters if the C-level coroutine support is in
>> place.
>
> The main issue with language embedding is handling out of memory case.
> Some languages do not check allocation results (perl), some simply exit
> on failure.
SpiderMonkey takes a maxbytes option on a Runtime creation. It sets soft limit of memory usage, and when met SM just throws a specified exception. Current implementation of the js module just returns error 500 in this case.

Am going to try runing all the tests in VM with low memory boundaries. This will show us what is the SM made of ;)

> I will probably add V8 javascript.

Wow, good news! Do you need a maintainer for it or any other help?

We'll get four script engines perl, spidermonkey, v8 and lua, all in addition to one from the rewrite module and an opcode-driven machine from echo module. I love this!

Best regards,
Peter.